THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES

Saturday, January 31, 2009

Update (January 31st 2009)




Hey everyone! Good news!

I received information from TEAM, and it appears that there is an opportunity open for me to go to Japan from May to August. There are four different positions I could choose to be involved in;

  • Missionary Trainee--Teach English and/or use the arts to assist a vibrant Japanese church in planting six new churches. Work under the leadership of an experienced church planter and study Japanese.
  • English Language Teacher – Assist a missionary/Japanese team in establishing a new church by making contacts through teaching English conversation classes to adults and children.
  • TEAM Guesthouse Host & Hostess – Manage TEAM’s 20 bed guesthouse in Tokyo, serving and welcoming missionaries and others from around the world.
  • Outreach Assistant Using Music—Provide concentrated outreach through music in coffee houses. Provide extended outreach through music to thousands of Japanese that gather in a resort town in the mountains of central Japan.

As you would probably guess, I'm very excited!
I'm still waiting to hear from TEAM regarding my application, but this has helped me plan out what I need to do in order to get to Japan.
Somehow, I need to be able to raise $4800-$5500, depending on how long I'll be staying. I am positive that if God wants me to go to Japan, he will provide.
Please be praying that I will be able to land a reliable job soon, so I can start saving.

Peace,
Trev

1 comments:

Kurtis Beckwith said...

Wow, Trevor! That's really exciting news. I'll be sure to pray for your finances. I'm sure God will provide if it's His will. (: