THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES

Friday, January 30, 2009

Update

Hey everyone!

Sorry for such a long lapse of time between my updates.
Winter time turns me into a procrastinator.

My studies are coming along great; I can read and write Hiragana fluently, my Katakana is coming along nicely and I can carry a decent conversation in Japanese. Thanks for all your prayers!

For those who don't know, Japan uses three sets of characters (kana);

Hiragana- the most basic, it's used for writing native Japanese words.

Katakana- it's used for writing foreign words that have been adopted into Japanese. For instance, shower becomes shawaa and when written into Katakana becomes シャワー.

Kanji- Chinese characters. There are over nine-thousand of these. They relay thoughts and ideas. In order to read the average Japanese newspaper one would have to know some six-thousand Kanji.

Yesterday, I officially sent in my application to TEAM (The Evangelical Alliance Mission) and am eagerly awaiting a reply. I'm so excited by the possibility of going to Japan this Summer!

Please be praying that;

  • I will get the opportunity to go to Japan this Summer
  • I will be able to retain all the information I'm learning
  • That I will continually put my trust in God
  • And that I will be able to make enough funds to go
I will try to do better at keeping everyone updated.
Again, thanks for your prayers.

Peace,
Trev

3 comments:

Kurtis Beckwith said...

I'm really excited that you're getting this close to mission work, Trevor! I'll definitely be praying for your funds and language skills and that you will be accepted on TEAM. It's so exciting to see the work that God is doing through you.

Never neglect to submerge yourself in the truth of God's Word and in the light of His fellowship.

-Kurtis

Cassia said...

That's awesome that God is giving you the opportunity to go to Japan. I didn't know you had actually done this much. I will definitely be praying for you.

Trevor Barton said...

Thanks guys! ;)